Permeation = overview of available art works by Arius Blaze (unpublished)
Alternate art works by Arius Blaze.
The film by Arius Blaze entitled "Permeation" is currently in pre-production. These works were initially offered on a crowd funding site but understanding that many people aren't able or interested in contributing to something like that, I decided to make the work here available for a short time - likely until some time in December before the shooting of the film begins.
Laid out below are the details for each work by Arius along with the estimated ship date. Some of these things can't ship until after the film is made because they are part of the film. ie the paintings and large geometric lathe works are used in scenes in the film. The film score won't be made until after the film is shot and so it obviously can't be cut to vinyl until it's ready.
Use the drop down paypal selector to choose what you'd like. If you'd like more than one thing, add the total and change the paypal amount when checking out. For example, if you'd like both Permeation #1 and Permeation #2 hand cut dubplate records, change the paypal amount on the next page from 100usd to 200usd - then just write a message when checking out.
1. 11" x 11" geometric lathe drawing, acid free ink on heavy paper, signed by Mr. Blaze, suitable for framing.( ships in 1-2 weeks)
(The Geometric lathe is a motorized, computer-free, controllable drawing machine invented by Arius Blaze and capable of creating strange theoretical objects like seashells and amoeba. The small version was originally built for the purpose of creating record covers, but it soon expanded into an ongoing series of works on paper.
These lathe drawings are each unique as the lathe is a very inexact piece of work and requires control to help the images change. Even at the same setting, the next drawing will not come out the same as the last. It often takes multiple efforts to create a proper lathe drawing, adjusting motor speed as the pen draws and lifting the pen at the right moment. The drawings are not simply machine made.)
4. Permeation #1; a 10" dubplate record in a geometric lathe and plotter drawn cover. Dubplate individually cut on the record lathe, featuring a couple songs from the collaborative soundtrack project (and likely something you'll recognize when you're watching the film). (ships in April 2014)
5. Permeation #2; a 10" dubplate record in a geometric lathe and plotter drawn cover. Dubplate individually cut on the record lathe, featuring music from the original film score by Arius Blaze (and likely something you'll recognize when you're watching the film). (ships in April 2014)
6. One of 25 Original, limited edition Intaglio prints with art work created by Arius and printing by Martha Daghlian at Flight 64 printing studio. An amazing and time consuming process involving etched copper plates and a giant rolling press. Ink on thick paper, signed. (Ships in 1-2 weeks)
7. A large geometric lathe drawing (roughly 36" x 36", ink on heavy paper) displayed in the gallery scenes of the film. Shown is a large representative test piece as the large drawing machine is still in the stages of being perfected. The pieces used in the film could look quite different as they need to be professional and perfect enough to be displayed in a gallery. Thus, know that the piece you'll receive will be beautiful and professionally done. (Ships in April 2014)
8. geometric lathe;an actual, very well built and beautifully strange drawing machine based on the original design. Created by Arius to draw all the geometric lathe drawings you like, design your own record covers and art, etc. Promised to be well built like the folktek instruments and with the same aesthetic. There are no photos for reasons of intellectual property and such - this is an unreleased invention and if you buy one of the these machines, you'll be asked to keep it quiet and not share the design. (Ships in 1-2 months)
9. A set of three large original geometric lathe drawings (roughly 36" x 36" each, ink on heavy paper). (Ships in April 2014)
10. A large 4' x 4' original ink on stretched paper painting created by Arius Blaze and used in the film. You'll get to choose which painting you'd like from photos, or you'll be welcome to come to Portland, meet the artist, and choose in person. (Ships in April 2014)
11. A large 8' x 4 1/2' original ink on stretched paper painting created by Arius Blaze and used in the film. You'll get to choose which painting you'd like from photos, or you'll be welcome to come to Portland, meet the artist, and choose in person. (Ships in April 2014)
Permeation test shoot with score by A. Blaze