Alter Copper is an effects processor for eurorack format. The Copper version uses copper pours for the artwork and touch pads instead of gold, but is otherwise identical to the gold version. There are also two versions of the Alter which are visually identical except the names "Alter 1" and "Alter 2". This is Alter 1 - Copper version. Internally, 1 & 2 have an entirely different set of effects from the other. Each version features 7 unique and meticulously designed DSP effects.
- Controls for mix, X, Y and filter as well as clock.
- All effects have a variation of a filter which may change effect to effect.
- X and Y control various rates, feedback and time over the different effects (note that some of the images shows a prototype which says "rate" under two of the pots. The faceplate has been changed to X and Y).
- Clock control adjusts the rate which controls the DSP which can drastically change the effect. In doing so it does slightly lower the quality of the output signal but the results are fantastic. This clock is not for synchronization.
- Mix, X, Y and filter all have CV control inputs.
- Each control level or cv input is visualized on the control panel.
INS AND OUTS
- stereo inputs with separate level/gain control for right and left channels. These levels can also act as mute as it can take the signal to 0. They can also add gain to a quiet signal.
- peak level indicator for clipping levels at the input
- mono input is made stereo within the DSP and outputs to both left and right channels
- stereo outputs for right and left channels
The effect is selected by the hexagonal touch pad. The effects for Alter 1 are as follows:
1 - long delay
2 - tight, notated granular delay
3 - huge plate reverb
4 - shimmering reverb
5 - distortion multi-filter
6 - pitch delay
7 - stutter glitch
- includes printed manual. View the online version here.
- 160 mA +12V
- 0 mA -12V
- 0 mA 5V
- 16hp width
- 25 mm Depth
View on modular grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/folktek-alter-1