Coming Spring 2023
Alter Y is the pedal version of Alter 2 eurorack module featuring four 1/4" jacks in addition to 1/8" as well as buffered switching that allows for trails.
Though it functions the same as other pedals, this pedal is a little different. Most pedals are made for guitars and then artists may choose to use them in different ways. We made this pedal to work with either standard ¼” jacks (for both input and output) or 1/8” (3.5mm) jacks for use with anything else. For those who like to use CV (control voltage) for any eurorack format, cv keyboard, or pedals which output cv (eg. expression or sequencing), all four of the main knobs have cv inputs (mix, x, y, filter) so you can control your knobs without touching if the desire strikes you.
These pedals accept guitar, line or eurorack levels.
The enclosure is very thick, gold plated PCB (it’s very, very tough).
Included power is standard for most pedals (2.1mm, -tip)
We wanted a broad array of effects in each X and Y pedal so each is a mashup of effects which we thought complimented one another when used together. Running X into Y or vis versa creates some powerful changes.
- controls for mix, X, Y and filter as well as clock.
- all effects have a variation of a filter which may change effect to effect.
- X and Y control various rates, feedback and time over the different effects (note that some of the images shows a prototype which says "rate" under two of the pots. The faceplate has been changed to "X" and "Y").
- clock control adjusts the bitrate which controls the DSP which can drastically change the effect. In doing so it does slightly lower the quality of the output signal but the results are fantastic. This clock is not for synchronization.
- mix, X, Y and filter all have CV control inputs.
- each control level or cv input is visualized on the control panel.
- buffered relay-based bypass over 1/4" ins and out.
INS AND OUTS
- stereo 1/4" ins and outs.
- stereo 3.5mm inputs with separate level/gain control for right and left channels. These levels can also act as mute as it can take the signal to 0. They can also add gain to a quiet signal.
- peak level indicator for clipping levels at the input.
- mono input is made stereo within the DSP and outputs to both left and right channels.
- stereo outputs for right and left channels.
1 - analog delay
2 - reverb with infinite capture and LP + HP filters
3 - choral reverb
4 - palindrome reverse delay - backward/forward repeat
5 - time stretch
6 - pitch shift (notated semi-tones)
7 - time stretch glitch
- power: 12v negative tip AC Adapter (included) - US - 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.6A
- dimensions: 6" x 5.1" x 2.2" (152.7mm x 128.5 x 56mm)